11 October 2012

Poetry At The Greytown Arts Festival and at Meow Cafe


Poetry in Greytown

I had a good time last month reading poetry and meeting poets and poetry lovers in Takaka and Nelson. Soon I'll be joining eight other poets at another poetry destination I haven't visited before: Greytown.

I'll be there as part of a nine-strong crew of poets reading at the event Poetry: a lasting peace, which is part of the Greytown Arts Festival. Here is the lovely poster, designed by Madeleine Slavick who has organised and will MC the event, which is on Saturday 20 October at 5pm at The Village Art Shop, 98 Main St, Greytown:


Here is the Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/events/290166134417646

Some of the participating poets may also be lurking in Greytown during the afternoon, surprising people with poetry. Whether there is a local body bylaw against such activities in Greytown will be an exciting part of the discovery process. (I understand there is a law against wearing rubber-soled shoes on the streets of Nelson, a law which I repeatedly violated last month. Hah!)

Poetry at Meow Cafe

It's Hammer Time! I'm going to be an MC the week after next: Saradha Koirala, Harvey Molloy and Helen Rickerby are reading their poetry on Tuesday 23 October at 7pm at Meow Cafe, Edward Street, Wellington, and I'm MC'ing. Hope you can make it!

5 comments:

Michelle Elvy said...

Looks great, Tim -- post some photos and video if you have it!

Tim Jones said...

Thanks, Michelle - the key thing here will be to remember my camera!

Penelope said...

At the risk of being a trans-Tasman laughing stock...Is there a resident cat at Meow cafe? That's the sort of detail I need to know.

Madeleine Marie Slavick said...

thanks for posting this, tim, i look forward.... -madeleine

Tim Jones said...

Thanks, Penelope and Madeleine.

Penelope, I can truthfully state that I have been to Meow twice, and that I did not see a cat, resident or non-resident. It is possible that they hire a cat for special occasions.

Madeleine, me too!